Cycle Rajasthan with Intrepid;Trip report. Day 14. Delhi and Overall Impressions

Today was another long coach journey back to Delhi, and to the hotel where this adventure started The Hotel Taj Princess.

Overall Impressions and thoughts:

Trip Notes. Compared to my previous tour with Explore! I found the trip notes provided by Intrepid rather poor. We did not know the hotels we would be staying in until the welcome meeting. The tipping process was very unclear and the advise on what to wear very confusing.

Cycling. We cycled 500Km overall, and some of it was very challenging. Just as a side note-My husband loved the challenging cycling.
The trip was a physical rating of 3, but our guide said this is a high as Intrepid's physical ratings go.A certain level of fitness is required, but you can stay in the bus if you want to.

Hotels; apart from Udaipur the hotels were all of reasonable standard. Hot water is an issue and you have to ask at check in if the boiler is turned on - in the summer months I am sure this is not an issue. But as it was winter we found the rooms; with marble floors, walls and shuttered windows very cold. 

Clothing; For the Cycling tour just bring your normal cycling gear- I was really worried about the trip notes advised 'modest' attire - as cycling gear is far from modest- but it was not a problem. 
As it was winter I underestimated the wind chill and for the early morning starts wished I had my UK winter cycling gear- long pants and long sleeved tops, full fingered gloves - with me. I was really annoyed that I had not packed them. 
I was glad I took my Snood / Buff as it was invaluable against the dust, fumes and cold. 

Guide and Back up team;
All amazing, always giving good advise. mechanic mending tires through out the tour! At water stops the crew were ready to give us snacks, fruit and water- thank you all so much

Food; Veggie Curry and more potato curry - was craving none curry at the end. Survived on omelettes for breakfast. As the guide took us to restaurants he knew were clean, we did not get 'Delhi Belly'. 

Would I go with Intrepid again - yes. 
Would I recommend them - yes. 
Would I recommend this tour- thats a big and resounding YES! 
The whole trip was fabulous, and we saw the India I have imagined all my life. Bollywood dancing on New Years Eve, The Step Wells, the villages- its just an outstanding tour. 
Thank you Intrepid for the experience. 
 Cycle Rajasthan with Intrepid
Cycle Rajasthan with Intrepid


Comments

Popular Posts