Flight EK 22, Manchester to Dubai. A fun filled weekend in Dubai.

I did not know what was going on with the roads around Manchester as I headed to Manchester Airport for a weekend break in Dubai. I knew the flight was not full so left home early to get my standby flight. But even at 06.30 in the morning and due to an earlier car crash on the M 62 the M6 was congested. In truth it would have been quicker to walk to Manchester Airport! Due to this massive traffic jam I almost missed my flight to Dubai. At 09.05 I ran to the check in desks at Terminal 1, quite expecting check in to be closed, but I was lucky; one desk was still open and the man in charge let me check in.
So boarding card in hand, I cleared customs and security. Today was the day when they subjected me to a full and very though body search. I then took the long walk to the gate where an Emirates 777 stood. Boarding was well under way, so I wasted no more time and was in my seat on EK 22 by 09.35. Very promptly at 09.55 the aircraft pushed back and I was on my way to see my daughter and a fun weekend in Dubai.
 
The new Emirates Menu with the FIFA World Cup Logo. 
This was the first time I had flown on EK 22, it is scheduled to depart at 10.00 and arrives in Dubai at around 20.00. Even thought its is a short flight you have two services; Lunch then Afternoon Tea. I used the ICE system and watched half of Mad Med Series 6 on this flight and in no time at all the aircraft was descending into Dubai.

Comments

Popular Posts