Maldives, Lily Beach Resort, Feb 2016

The Maldives. So many resorts, how do you choose?

Firstly I decided that there had to be good coral or a good house reef. Then it had to be All Inclusive. completing extensive searches I settled on Lily Beach Resort and Spa, and I am so glad I did as from start to finish it was perfect.

Sri Lankan Airlines
Sri Lankan Airlines
Sri Lankan Airlines

Firstly, getting to Male, as we had gone to Sri Lanka with Emirates, I could have flown Manchester - Dubai - Colombo- Male- Dubai- Manchester. When I searched this the cost was astronomical; an economy ticket was coming out at just over £1000.00 pounds.

So after a lot of searching I booked Manchester -Colombo - Manchester via DXB with Emirates this was £528.00.

Colombo - Male- Colombo with Sri Lankan Airline ,this was £180.00.

By doing this I had to have an extra night in a hotel in Sri Lanka and I booked the Gateway Hotel near to the airport as it gave free transfers this was £80.00 with booking.com.

So as you can see a big saving compared to the Emirates via Male route.

Maldives

 I had booked the resort directly through Lily Beach and was concerned what would happen upon arrival. I didn't need to worry as there are many booths. You just find the one with your resorts name on it. They then do the rest...easy!  

We checked in at the booth, were then taken to the seaplane check in. got a bus to the Lily beach lounge then were taken to the waiting point for the seaplanes.

Maldives


Maldives
Maldives
Lily Beach Resort

Upon arrival at the resort we were picked up by a boat and the experience began. I did not book the overwater bungalows I booked a beach bungalow and I was glad I did this.

It was first class from start to finish, we ate and ate, drank and ate and put on lots of weight! Enjoyed the snorkelling and the beach. the 5 day stay was perfection.

It was wonderful and something every one should do once in there life.

Lily Beach = Amazing .

Lily Beach Resort
Lily Beach Resort

Comments

Popular Posts